Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day

We ended up with somewhere between 6 and slightly more inches of snow. There was sleet on top which served to tamp it down a bit.

It is very cold tonight; in the teens and maybe close to single digits so the three outdoor cats are in for the night, although, really I think they would be fine outside. One of them has already peed in the sunroom and scratched dirt out of the plant to cover it. Thinking that it was only dirt from the knocked over plant, I started to sweep it up and immediately realized what it actually was. Yuck. I cleaned that mess up and put a plastic container of litter out there. I put each cat in it and they all jumped out except for Shadow. She spent a few moments sniffing and digging in it and then did her business. Hopefully, they will all use it tonight.

I have been working on a pair of mittens. I used the sweater that I got from Goodwill and which I shrunk in the washer and dryer. I messed up the pattern so the sweater that I should have been able to coax two pairs of mittens out of will only yield one. I finished the first mitten; it is ok for a first try. The second one is shaping up better and I figured out some of the details, BUT, I ran out of bobbin thread and since I am tired, it will wait for tomorrow.

There is no church tomorrow. The roads, by all accounts, are bad. There is no way we'll have school on Monday either, although they haven't made an announcement. I would be surprised if we even get there on Tuesday.

Now I'm ready for some reading time on the couch in front of the warm fire before going to bed. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment