Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting the Itch

I am getting the itch. Not a rash, but the itch to go camping.

I love camping at the beach more than anything in the world and no matter how much I do it, I always want more. Easter is the next time I can take the time to go so I have reservations at Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina. I am planning to arrive on Friday, April 2 but I am thinking of leaving on Thursday instead. They have ocean front spots available for that one night, Thursday April 1, but the reservation system will only let you reserve two nights, and there aren't two available.


I totally wouldn't mind camping ocean front for one night and then moving my tent. I wouldn't have to unpack everything for just one night.

Rachel has been to Hunting Island, as have several of the people I sometimes kayak with and they all sing it's praises as lovely and unspoiled. I am looking forward to it. Thinking of sand, the ocean and the sound of the surf gets me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment