Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dinner Out!

Tonight was Mr. Gattis night for our school; the restaurant will give the school a percentage of the sales, depending on how many people from our school came to eat. I handed out homework passes for the first hour and 20 minutes, then Neal, Sarah and Anne came and we ate dinner together. There were a lot of people from school; several staff members and a lot of students and their families.

When my girls were little, we used to eat there often. The restaurant charged 25¢ per each year of the child's age, up to age 12, so when they were little bitty things it was a cheap place to eat lunch. Plus, they had a room with a big television and cartoons, so my girlfriends and I could sit and talk and the kids were entertained too. Those days are long gone, but I guess it is in Anne's and Sarah's blood, because they still don't mind eating there. Although we don't sit in the cartoon room anymore.

Not much to say today. I took my car to get repaired yesterday so I am driving a little rental Hyundai. I'll be glad to get my car back. This one is fine but I am uncomfortable, thinking that something is going to happen to it. And, I just like my car better.

I brought a log of work home but I don't think I'll do it; I think instead I'll go take a warm bath and read my Newsweek. I also have a new book from the library, Cutting for Stone. It's the book club book for this month. I know nothing about it.

I have built the fire up from the ashes that were there when I got home, but the house is still chilly, so I think the warm bath will win out over the hearth. And maybe even early to bed tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment