Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Haircut

I made the effort to drive to Lexington after tutoring today to have Randy at Raffles cut my hair. I want to let the sides grow out a little and keep the back shorter. I used to have it like that but had gotten away from it. So, he did cut the back shorter, but we are going to have to let the sides grow out more.

We talked politics a little. He had heard something on the radio about the former sheriff Hege running again and we talked about how that is a disgrace; to let a convicted felon run for office and Randy agreed that his convictions were on minor charges, but everyone knew he was doing worse, but couldn't catch him.

Then Randy moved onto President Obama and how he is not that thrilled with what he is doing. But in reality, we both agreed a President could only change so much, that the things people expected of him weren't really possible. Tonight is his State of the Union speech and I haven't yet decided if I'll watch. I'm really tired. I may....don't know. I feel like I have already heard on the news all of the topics he'll address. Still it is a pleasure to listen to a president who knows how to speak properly!

Then finally, we discussed John Edwards and what a total sleazebag he is. Then on the way home, I heard that he and his wife had separated. Not a surprise at all; the woman is dying of cancer. Who wants to spend their last days dealing with a spouse who has fathered another child, while you were being treated for cancer. He is dead politically...and that is where he belongs. It's not the things he did, its the vehement denial of it all.

So that's it for tonight. The couch, the fire, the warm bath...they are more attractive than the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment