Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Heart Will Go On

I was looking for Law and Order on television and discovered that Titanic was on and I watched it....again. I have no idea how many times I have actually seen this film. And yes, I know it is schmaltzy and hokey and the love story in it would in all likelihood never ever would have happened, but the end always makes me cry.

The scene where Rose dies and goes back to the ship, walking past all of those who perished, always gets me. Just thinking about how so many people died, especially the less privileged passengers and workers leaves me feeling emotional and the idea of all of them smiling and happy and feeling no pain was a touching way to end the film.

And now I am watching the red carpet arrivals for the SAG Awards. Neal has gone to take my brother John out for dinner and I know that when he gets home, I'll have to turn the tv to something else. So, I'll enjoy "star-gazing" just a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment