Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Only Monday?

I didn't sleep well last night...SOMEONE was snoring....so I am tired.

After work I went over to Susana's house and she helped me correct the translation I had made of the Preschool Parent Survey. After that we looked at Charlotte's annual so I got to see some pictures of some of my former students that are in fourth and fifth grades.

Then Carlos told me about their pet box turtle. They keep it in the house and it doesn't use the bathroom on the floor or make any kind of mess. It only uses the bathroom when they put it in water or another humid place, like outdoors! And it actually hibernated last winter; about November it quit eating. Carlos thought it was going to die. They put it in a box with some dirt, and it made a hole/nest. It stayed in there till spring.

Carlos told me that he tried digging down and looking at it about February and it looked all sleepy and disturbed! Like it was saying "What are you doing? It's only February!" The turtle was under a couch while we were talking. That is so funny. I never thought of having a turtle as a house pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment