Monday, May 17, 2010

Dubai Bound

Rachel's flight got turned back last night just as I was going to bed; the Icelandic volcano spewed more ash, so the airspace over the British Isles and also over Amsterdam was closed. She was sent back to Detroit and then this morning she flew back to Charlotte.


Expedia says they will give her the entire fee back and she was able to book a flight tomorrow night (5/18) out of Charlotte to New York. Then she'll have to spend the night in New York and leave the next morning via Emirate Airlines to Dubai and then to Nairobi.


It's a long flight; 12 1/2 hours, but the airline sounds awesome! And lovely flight attendants too.


Went to the dentist today and had the filling replaced. I hate, hate, hate going to the dentist but it wasn't too bad. They told me not to floss this filling for tonight. I came home and had a milkshake then went to sleep on the couch for 2 1/2 Law and Orders. Once the numbing began to wear off my jar really hurt; I think it was from the pressure of them working on the tooth. I took some ibuprofen.


I had a really strange dream last night. I was at our apartment in Staunton and Mark and Jane were coming for Christmas. It was Christmas Eve and I hadn't done anything; I didn't have a tree, or any gifts, or anything. My mom was there too and she had all this junk everywhere and I was having to move it to the basement. She and I kept arguing about all of her stuff.


So I was incredibly anxious in this dream b/c Christmas with them is probably one of the most anxiety producing things that I do and I was trying to pull things together at the last minute. And the funniest part of the dream is that Christy Brandys was in the kitchen fixing rotisserie chicken!


I guess I was anxious about the dentist appointment and also I suppose I was thinking about Rachel, knowing she hates to fly. But when I woke up, it all seemed so real and I was in a bad mood first thing!


Hopefully I can sleep as well tonight as I did on the couch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment