Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Second Favorite Day of the Week

Friday is my most favorite day of the week, obviously because it is the beginning of the weekend and Saturday is my second.

I went to bed fairly early last night after watching a movie (My One and Only) and eating two bowls of popcorn for dinner. I slept pretty well I think...(because you can be sleeping badly and not know since you are asleep) but at least my cough and congestion seem to be somewhat improved today.

It is a lovely day today; blue skies, sunshine and predicted temperatures of near 60. I am going to go kayaking this afternoon for a while at Lake Thomalex. I have wanted to go for so long and for one reason or another, I haven't. Now it is less than three weeks until my carpal tunnel surgery and I need to make kayaking a priority. Post surgery, it will be at least a couple of months or more before I can go.

I also need to do laundry, begin getting tax info together, do some cleaning and I still want to do some sewing; I'd like to make another set of pillowcases for the pillows my students use for rest. And, the closet in my sewing room is one huge mess so I need to start working on that. Not to mention the renovation projects I have waiting to do.

But, I'm definitely going kayaking.

PS-I didn't go.

I was so tired after cleaning (thoroughly cleaning) my bathroom, and I stil had things to do. Vacuumed and dusted the den and my right hand was really hurting. Trying to get up the energy to finish unloading and then load the dishwasher, but I don't want to. What I really want to do is go to bed and read.

I may have to accept the fact that between my bronchial problems and my carpal tunnel, I might not be able to go kayaking until the summer. Not happy about that. Not happy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment