Saturday, March 20, 2010

Goodwill Shopping

I went to visit Bob today and keep him company while Rachel and Ben were gone. He didn't really need me there, except I did help him put on his socks; they are compression socks, to prevent blood clots and he can't bend over to get them on. He really just didn't want to be alone all day in case he did have a problem or needed something that he couldn't manage. He's doing very well though.

Aaron came a little after 1:00 with some lunch so I left and went to the Lexington Goodwill. I didn't find that much except I did score another 100% cashmere sweater for unraveling as well as a pair of wooden candlesticks and a lamp. The candlesticks were very cute but were painted a yucky gold color so I sanded them some and they are in the process of being painted an off-white. I still need to put another coat on so I am letting them dry really well.

The lamp is a glass and brass lamp; it is not too terrible looking as it is but I may paint it white too, or maybe just the brass parts white. I'm not sure; I'll wait and see what strikes my fancy. But, it would look cute in Sarah's room painted white with a green checked lampshade out of her curtain fabric. Here is a photo of one that looks similar. I found this on the Centsational Girl blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment