Saturday, March 13, 2010

Alaska

Alaska is the book for this month's book club meeting, which happens to be Tuesday. But, I am not going to finish the book in time. It is a looooong book! It's very interesting though, which surprised me, because I am not a huge fan of the state.

I have been reading today, interspersed with vacuuming, mopping and hand applying this shine product to the kitchen floor. I am putting on two coats because our floors look so awful. And down on my hands and knees, they look even worse; gouges in places, scratches and there are places where the finish has pretty much worn off and the wood is actually darker from being soiled.

Anyway, this stuff is by Holloway House and it is called Quick Shine. The bottle says that you can apply up to six coats! It does improve the look of the floor.

I also figured out how to take the front part of the oven door off and clean it. I also pulled the stove and frig out and cleaned behind them. And of course my hand is hurting. My surgery is in a week and a half. It will be interesting to see how I get along; a week and a day after the surgery I am planning to go camping at Hunting Island State Park.

I am still planning to go, but I think that I will use some of my Hilton Honors points to get a room in Beaufort for Thursday night and then camp for Fri/Sat/Sun nights. We have to be back at work on Tuesday, I think.

I guess I will go by myself. No one has said that they want to go, and really, I think I might enjoy being all by myself. It will do me good to get away and not have to be responsible for anyone or deal with anyone's problems. So, just to keep me thinking about Easter, here is a photo of Hunting Island SP.

No comments:

Post a Comment