Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Really Bad Part....

The really bad part of being a parent to a person with resistant depression is wondering if there was something different you could have done when they were little.

I know I was a good parent, but there is always that but...and the "I could haves'; I could have been more patient, I could have this or that. But, really, does anyone really know what to do and I certainly gave her many advantages, and much love and security. But it didn't seem to be enough. She's almost 30 and she is going to have to figure it out, but I hate for her to go through so much pain.

Tomorrow Jason has his next interview for the job and I am terrified that he is not going to get an offer. She needs him to be there so badly, even though she is taking off to Kenya for three months.

I don't like feeling so helpless, but I am. I can talk and listen when she calls, but I can't really help. And that is the bad part.

No comments:

Post a Comment