Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Longest Amount of Time That I Have Gone....

Without writing, that is. Just put me in the total slacker category.

So tonight I met Bleasha at Mazatlans to eat dinner. I know we had to have been there for a couple of hours. I feel like I was talking her ear off, but I haven't seen her to visit in a looooong time. She had plenty of news for me too....heard all about some local scandals. Which shall remain unreported.

Bleasha's dad has had a reoccurance of cancer and was to undergo surgery to remove a tumor above his stomach. The doctor was unable to complete the surgery because her dad's condition was too precarious to survive the surgery. So now he has the incision and still has the tumor. He is still on chemo and Bleasha says his spirits are good. She is going to Chattanooga this weekend for a reunion weekend with college friends. She'll have a great trip.

A funny thing happened in school today. One of my students got a boo-boo outside but for some reason he was really upset, so Tracy put a bandaid on the (microscopic) injury. When we came inside, the little girl that he is head over heels in love with said to me, "Mrs. Leonard, I tell Kevin not to cry" (and I am thinking, oh how sweet!). Then she said, "I tell him, if you cry, your parents might think the teachers hit you."

I was pretty much speechless. I just said, "Oh, thank you for helping him." It's not everyday that a student can leave me speechless, but she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment