Saturday, April 17, 2010

Festivals, Festivals

Yesterday at work we had the celebration for the award that our Child Nutrition Dept. won. The preschoolers had fun planting vegetable plants in our courtyard garden. We also took a fun hayride around the front of the school after we ate lunch.

Today was the Itty Bitty Kiddie Festival at the fairgrounds in Lexington. I went to help Tami; I offered; she didn't ask anyone else to come. She felt bad b/c we all had to work last Saturday. But, she had to work last Saturday too...

Anyway, we didn't hand out too much information, but we did a little and we made tons of tissue paper butterflies with kids. I had three of my students show up; Phalona, Kevin and Ja'Veon. It was a fun day and a beautiful day; warm but not too bad and breezy. Which made for a challenge holding down the tissue paper while making the butterflies.

Afterwards I went to Lowes and bought two ferns for the front porch. I want to spiff it up a bit, so I also bought a lovely shade of green paint to paint the swing and the wooden porch furniture. Too bad I didn't have the energy to start on the job by the time I got home.

This has been a busy, busy week. By yesterday evening my hand was killing me! I did overuse it this week so I have been trying not to overuse it today. So now I am going to get off of the computer and head to my bed and read for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment