Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This and That

I just realized that my brother's birthday is in 6 days. He'll be 52 and this will be the first time in many, many years that I have even cared about celebrating his birthday because since he has been sober, he has become a part of our family again.

I worked today, sans children. We got some things done and I'm ready for the little darlings tomorrow. We are on a two hour delay though; the roads are very wet and in the morning there will be ice. I will probably try to go in by 8:00.

I have been reading a blog lately called The Lettered Cottage. It is written by a woman in Alabama and the subject is her house and her design business. I love her sense of style and I am almost always interested in reading what she has to say about her house and the renovation it is undergoing. I have actually discovered lots of blogs but there are only a few that I consistently read.

Marty Musselmen (a member of my church) lost her mother today. She said it was peaceful. I know she are thankful for that, but so sad to lose her mom. I am sad for her. I am lucky that my mom is still active and going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment