Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Lost Another One...

Another student that is. My student Christian, who went to Mexico with his dad nearly a month ago will not be returning for at least two more weeks. So, we had to drop him and fill his spot. The next child on the waiting list is another Hispanic boy, Edgar. He and his parents are coming tomorrow for orientation.

I am so sad about losing Christian. He was a little problematic because his behavior wasn't very good, but he was so smart and there was just something about him that was so appealing.

The reason that he went to Mexico with his father was because he was the worst behaved in the family and the mother couldn't handle all four children here by herself, so the dad took him. The mom was so sad when she came to tell us back in January; she kept wiping tears from her eyes.

What a terrible situation; this family is as poor as can be and then the husband has to leave to be with his father. The husband doesn't have papers so I don't even know if he can get back here and Christian doesn't have a passport, so I don't know if he can get back either. So now the mom is here with three of the children and no husband.

I sent Christian's portfolio and Valentines home with his brother today. I was tempted to take the stuff by his house but I was afraid that I might cry. I will miss that little guy and I really, really hope things go ok for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment