Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Drive to Reorganize

I have been working to reorganize and clean things lately. In my room, I moved my dresser to the spot where the large bookshelf used to be, between the two windows. It looks good there. I still have things to put away, get rid of, etc, things that were piled around the room and in various places. It's slow going, but it feels good to get it all really cleaned instead of just sticking things places to get them out of the way. I like having a place for everything. If I have a place for things I am much more likely to put them there and keep them out of the way.

Tuesday is John's birthday and since Sarah has class on Tuesday night, we are taking him to Outback tomorrow (Monday) night to celebrate his birthday. We invited Mom to come along. It's the best present we could give him and it's a present for us too!

The weather is forecasting more bad weather on Tuesday. I wonder if it will happen or if we will actually be in school all week this week. I have only planned for tomorrow. I had a lot of work I brought home to do but I was busy doing things for the house, so I didn't do it! And since I took a nap this afternoon, it's 11:00 PM and I'm still up. I'll head to bed soon.

The big snow storm left nearly two feet of snow in Washington DC and tomorrow, their schools are open with only a 2 hour delay! I read in the Washington Post that the school system was reluctant to close because so many of their students needed the services they provide, like food, etc. It will be interesting to see how many students and staff are able to get to school; busses aren't even running today and the above ground metro stations were closed.

It's interesting though; we get 6 to 8 inches of snow and we are out of school most of a week; they get 24 and they aren't even closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment