Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Outback Tonight!

Tomorrow is the birthday of my brother John, so tonight we took him and my mom to Outback to celebrate. We all enjoyed the meal and shared two desserts; the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under and a sundae topped with toasted coconut. Yummy....

After dinner, Sarah, Anne and Neal went home while Mom, John and I went to Barnes and Noble. I bought a coffeetable book about Ireland for my mom's upcoming birthday (she spotted it and dropped a major hint) and I bought the newly rewritten Jane Bryant Quinn's book about personal finance. It weighs a ton. It was 35.00 but if it helps me make some wise financial decisions, it will be more than worth it. Hey, by weight alone I think it was worth it!

Of course, I can think of one good piece of advice to give myself....stay away from Ikea!!! (Actually I am planning a trip there again soon to get two lampshades for above my table, a countertop for the laundry room and a chair and footstool for the bedroom).

And now I have to finish tomorrow's lesson plan because I haven't written it yet and it is 9:31. Actually we may not have school tomorrow because this is the weather map and as you can see there is a big snowstorm (well, some snow but more ice/freezing rain) headed our way. But, I'm not going to chance it...I'm going to write the lesson plan anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment