Friday, February 19, 2010

New Student

I met my new student, Omar and his dad today. He is a very cute, little round faced boy with hair gelled up in the center like a faux mohawk. He's cute and seems very quiet. His dad wants to spend a little time with him when he comes on Monday to be sure he is ok. Tami told him not to worry if he cries because that is very normal.

So maybe now my class will stay constant now for the rest of year. It will be nice to not have any new students, although Jessica is fitting in well. She and Angel played together a lot today and she chased him all over the playground. He ran up to me and out of breath said "I think we are playing tag."

Sarah's friend Scout is over tonight and she asked if I was the same Debbie Leonard that posts on the Dispatch message board. She used to post on there as Luna and I remember her! She has some of the same opinions of many of the posters on there that I do...narrowminded and bigoted!

I saw the orthopedic surgeon today and I am going to have carpal tunnel surgery but I don't know when; it will be on a Thursday and they'll call me with the day. He said I should be able to go back to work on the next Monday or maybe Tuesday. He said that some of the problem in my hand is from arthritis which can also be addressed through surgery but he said that we needed to take care of the carpel tunnel first and see what we had after that heals. He told me that my left hand actually had worse arthritis than my right and that the pain I am feeling in the left is from the arthritis.

It is so much fun getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment