Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick Again!

After beginning to feel better from my asthma problems of the last couple of weeks, the last couple of days I began to feel bad again...coughing and not getting much for my trouble; using my inhaler and not getting much relief. A headache. Just feeling crappy.

So, the doctor's office said to come at 2:15 and they would work me in and by 3:40 I was signing for my Prednisone at the pharmacy.

Dr. Dellinger said that it seems to just be a mild case of allergic bronchitis. I blew about 400 on the peak flow meter (500 would be better, 200 bad) but I just keep having to cough and my lungs feel raw. He said the Prednisone should help; that my bronchial tubes appeared to be really inflamed and this will help that.

Also I asked about the ENT's advice about not taking Sudafed. Dr. D said that he didn't have a problem with the Sudafed at all and it, with the antihistamine seemed to work well for me. So, I'm going with Door #2 and taking the advice of the doctor I trust most.

Picked up some Sudafed when I got my prescription.

So, now I think I will pretty much head for bed; read some; hope to sleep the night away and show up all bright eyed and bushy tailed for work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment