Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow!

It's snowing! The forecast called for snow showers but I didn't really believe it. The temperature didn't seem cold enough and I just didn't think it would.

Call me a skeptic.

But, tonight, as I was leaving the chinese restaurant, where I had stopped to take out an order of hot and sour soup, snow began falling. That was about 7:00 and now, more than 2 hours later, it is still falling and sticking. There may be around 1/2" so far.

The snow is very fine, so it probably won't accumulate too much. It's kind of a nice treat on a Friday night, but I am hoping it is gone, or at least off the roads by Monday so we don't miss anymore school.

I am going to make my own Valentines this year (well, I already made and mailed off Rachel's, Ashley's and AideƩ's). I thought instead of buying candy this year I would try and make it. Of course, I spent way more money for the ingredients and packaging than I would have if I had just bought some candy! But, this way I get to learn something new.

I am going to make Raspberry Chocolate Candy, Toffee Bites and Chocolate Dipped Caramels with Sea Salt. I bought three cute boxes at Walmart (I had to go there for something else so I just got everything I needed there even though it kills me to shop there) and I am going to package up a box for Mom, Jenny and Abby...if it turns out.

I have printed out a lot of pictures for my classroom tonight and done some work. I have more to do tomorrow and Sunday but this is enough tonight. I have given myself laryngitis from coughing so much from my asthma and my throat hurts. I think I will go take a hot bath, read and go to bed. Since I don't feel well, Neal is taking care of the woodstove detail again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment