Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Post-Observation

Today my principal went over the observation she conducted in my room last Friday morning. It was great!

It's not so much the good evaluation, although of course I am pleased...job security, but what really means a lot is that she notices and appreciates what I am doing in the classroom.

Not only does she understand and appreciate what I am doing, she sees the students making progress. I am my own worse critic and I always, always look at my shortcomings and how I could do a better job. Yet, when I really stop and reflect about the students, I see the progress that so many of them have made. It's hard sometimes to accept the hand that my assistant and I have had in that progress because I want so much more for them, but at the same time it is gratifying to see them learn and grow.

My principal also commented about how the students moved around the room so well and that the noise level was appropriate. This has taken a lot of work; this class took longer than many to learn the routines and to conduct themselves appropriately. I'm glad they are moving in the right direction.

She also had so many nice things to say about Tracy; all well-deserved. You cannot be as good of a teacher without a good assistant and I am so thankful for her.

I can't be satisfied with just good observations and think that I am doing such a great job though. I really believe that when a teacher begins to think she is all that, that is when she needs to retire!

No comments:

Post a Comment