Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Day at Ikea


Ikea is my favorite store. Since we were out of school again today, Darla and I went to Ikea. She had never been and she enjoyed the trip. We both got several things for our classroom and we lamented that fact that dollars we receive for classroom supplies have to be spent at Kaplans instead of Ikea!


Our best buy was some small bags of red sand. They were reduced to 49 cents so we each bought 10 to put in our sand tables. They weighed 1.65 pounds each so we have 16 1/2 pounds of red sand. We ate lunch there and got a snack before returning home.


My road is pretty bad, at least the part that is unpaved is bad. On the way to Darla's house I went down Evans road and decided not to return home that was as it was mostly covered with snow and ice. Instead I went down Kanoy Road, which is a pretty well traveled road; I thought that it would be in better shape, but it was awful too! I don't know when the county students will return to school! We have rain today and the temperature is supposed to be below freezing tonight, which will freeze the wet pavement and melting/slushy snow. The weather forecast is calling for a "wintry mix" on Friday and Saturday of this week. I guess we have lost any hope of having a spring break! We do go tomorrow for a work day but we were told to come in at 10:00 to avoid the worst of the frozen stuff, I guess.


I think I will load the stove up and then walk down to the mailbox to retrieve the mail, which no one got today. My Newsweek comes on Tuesdays, so if it is there, I'm taking a warm bath and reading my magazine before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment