Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Only Monday?

I am tired enough for it to be at least Wednesday. But, I am always tired on Monday because I have a hard time sleeping on Sunday nights.

But, last night, even though I went to bed kind of late (after 11:00 PM), I was sleeping very well until something after 1:00 AM, when Martha woke me up pawing my face and wanting who knows what.

She refused to get back under the covers and snuggle, so I ejected her from our room shortly after. She wasn't happy about it; she was meowing and clawing; I'm sure she thought Styles was in the den, but he was in Sarah's room, since Anne wasn't here.

I didn't have much trouble going back to sleep, but still, I was sleeping quite soundly until she woke me up.

Today one of my students told us that this mother hurt him and he did have an injury on his head. He told the exact same story to me, Tracy, Tami and the guidance counselor. In a case like this, social services has to be notified. I'm sure the mother didn't deliberately hurt the child; it sounds like the mom was angry at another sibling and the child got in the way, but that is irrelevant. She could have seriously injured either one of them.

I took my homemade candy to school and it was a hit with the people who ate it. Tami especially loved the raspberry chocolate.

Well, it is off for a warm bath and bed. It is cold, drizzly and miserable outside. A nice warm bath, a nice warm bed...what more can you want. I am so lucky. I think of those who don't even have basic shelter and I am reminded of all I have for which to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment