Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Slacker

Apparently I seem to have given up on blogging. I haven't really, but I keep forgetting to post. So, I think I'll try doing it in the mornings, at least while I am on vacation.

This week has been relaxing so far. I have finished painting the porch furniture and today Anne and I are going shopping to look for cushions for it. We are also going to Lowes to look for some kind of privacy screen panels/lattice/trellis to put between the driveway and patio. I love the patio but I don't like how it is just adjacent to the driveway; there is no privacy or anything to divide the two.

While at Lowes, I plan to buy some dark brown spray paint to paint the porch swing. When Neal stained all of the porch furniture, he stained them the same color as the house and while I considered painting it green like the other furniture, I decided it should be different, so I am looking for dark brown.

I have been putting some things away; did all the school laundry and I'll take it by the school and leave it in my room one day. I decided to put my school things on the desk in the front hall instead of having them on the dining room table, so I am unpacking in there.

Tom and Barry arrive on Monday for the week and on Tuesday, David and Melissa will be here. We'll go to the Biltmore on Wednesday, return on Thursday and then D&M will go home on Friday. T&B will stay till Saturday since they are taking the train.

I've been busy making plans for the rest of the summer. I'll go to Amy's on June 30th and stay till Saturday, July 3. Abby, Sarah and I are going to Ocracoke camping on July 13 for a week and then on July 23, Anne, Sarah and I will go to D&M's house for about a week. On our way back we may stop and stay at Rachel's apartment for a couple of days. It would be great if Jason were there by then.

I talked to him last night on Skype and he was applying for another job in DC. He has a connection for this one, so this might actually be the one. I hope so. He needs to be there.

Signing off for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment