Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday

Another long day with a lot of work. I started out this morning by expanding the brick paver pad for the gas grill and followed that with planting some monkey grass around part of it until I was tired and dripping with sweat. Even though it was morning, it was about 80°, and humid.

I finished cleaning the couch and chairs in the sunroom and I also cleaned the rug in there. Boy was it all nasty. I cleaned the sunroom windows (all 14, plus the two doors) and started on the outside ones. And I hemmed some of the sheers as I was putting them back up.

I started by trying to measure, cut and hem them (with hemming tape) but that was proving to be too difficult, so I decided to hang them up, cut them off and pin them up while they were hanging. Much easier. I have 7 1/2 done. I say 1/2 because I have one pinned up, but I ran out of hemming tape. I know I have more upstairs, but I'm too tired to look for it.

That's pretty much it, I think. Except for some small things along the way.

For now, I think it is almost bedtime. I think I'll stay home tomorrow morning and get more done. Tom and Barry arrive on Monday, about 6:00 PM.

It feels good to be getting all of this stuff cleaned up and put away. Every time we have a major cleaning, I wonder why we just don't keep it this way all of the time, and I know, it's because it's too much work!

1 comment:

  1. You are very creative. I love looking at the before and after pictures of your projects. Thanks for sharing. You need your own show, watch out Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete