Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 3

I didn't get that much done today but I did get to Lowes. I really overestimated the size of my car and found that the 4x4 foot sheets of plywood would not fit in.

A couple of guys in the parking lot saw me trying to put the plywood in and they came running to help. They quickly saw that it would not fit so they put them on top of my car. Luckily I had some rope in my car, although I could have gone back into Lowes and bought some.

They were so nice....they even offered to put the wood in their van and follow me home! They were Spanish speaking and the one who seemed to speak the most English told me he was from Peru. We talked about the world cup...he said he didn't like any of the European teams and that his little girl who is 5, cried when the US lost!

I got some paint on the cabinet and the window trim, plus a couple of walls primed and then one of them painted. I hope the primer is going to work to hide all of the white splotches I made on the wall with the ceiling paint. I thought that would serve as primer, but when I painted with the semi gloss, the flat paint absorbed more and it looked awful. Luckily I only did one small part, to see if it would work.

I didn't buy enough Kilz though so I need to get some more tomorrow.

Tomorrow is when I play bass with Ward's band. I sure hope I don't mess it up for the rest of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment