Monday, July 5, 2010

Bathroom Remodel, Day One

Arghh....I am so tired and I have white primer all over my hands because I neglected to wear gloves while priming the woodwork in Sarah's bathroom.

I got a good start today; here's what I did:
  • Took down cabinet doors, removed drawers, took hinges and knobs off
  • Removed toilet paper holder
  • Removed the two doors, removed the doorknobs and removed the hinges
  • Filled holes in cabinet with wood putty and sanded
  • Disconnected faucet pipes and removed top of cabinet and sink
  • Removed shoe mold
  • Sanded the woodwork and window
  • Primed all of the woodwork including the cabinet, inside and out
  • Removed the vent cover from the ceiling and took the light loose
  • Repaired the sheetrock up on the ceiling and where the backsplash had been.

Tomorrow I plan to:

  • Prime the doors and cabinet doors (outside so it isn't so stinky)
  • Sand the sheetrock repair and prime the ceiling part
  • Paint the ceiling
  • Sand and spray prime/paint the door hinges and screws
  • Maybe prime and paint the doorknobs
  • If I have any energy after that, I may sand the woodwork in the bathroom.

I am also going to go get some plywood to build up the bottom of the cabinets and some wood to make a divider between some of the cabinet doors so that I can put a shelf in there and use baskets instead of having four cabinet doors; I'll only have two.

Now I think it is time to relax and hopefully get to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment