Thursday, July 22, 2010

Abandoned

Well, it seems I have totally abandoned this blog...

I was so busy prior to leaving on vacation, then didn't post while on Ocracoke. I came back two days ago, but have been pretty worn out.

So, a little update:
  • Ocracoke was great, as always, but the weather wasn't so wonderful: gale force winds much of the time and torrential rain a couple of days. Most of the time it was impossible to go on the beach without feeling like you were getting sandblasted and the simplest task, like lighting the stove for coffee was a challenge. The old tent couldn't hold up under the rain and wind so we got a replacement tent at Walmart. We still managed to have fun, but it was not the restful and refreshing time we needed.
  • Neal's mom is now out of the hospital and at home with Hospice care and someone who stays during the night. So, she doesn't have a lot of time left. I don't know how Daddy Joe will manage. He will want to stay in his home but he'll have to have someone with him.
  • We leave tomorrow to go to David and Melissa's house. I realize that we may have to cut the trip short depending on Becky's condition. But hopefully she will live a while longer. I know Rachel will be very sad if she passes away before she gets home mid August.

I guess that is it, except for the break-up of a marriage in our family, which I won't say who. Even though no one reads this, it is public and the party involved doesn't want the news spread around just yet. So, mum's the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment